Wednesday 7 October 2015

When I dream, I see

Hæ, 

today was a good day - i got my new Olympus Pen E-PL7. What a lovely camera! I tried out some functions, made some pictures and couldn't stop smiling for the whole day. 
I'm testing the camera before I can give a review on it, but I am already really impressed. 
As photography is a huge hobby of mine I would also define the role of it.

Some of you may have seen the quote on my Instagram profile I saw that the camera could be a weapon against poverty, against racism, against all sorts of social wrongs. 
It is from Gordon Parks, an African American photographer, the first black photographer that got attention from the whole US. His work was inspired by the conception of freedom. His quote is still so important and newsworthy. The camera could definitely be a weapon against poverty, racism and other social wrongs. Just imagine the fact that photos can even show people's feelings. A picture says more than a
thousand words. What I wanted to write down considering to the current refugee situation and the growing racism in our country is, that no one has the right to judge. I see young people in Germany, hating people who have a different skin color or religion. They seem to hate everything and everybody without a reason. Step against all sorts of social wrongs and take your camera. Start making the world better with pictures, that show your feelings and happiness.









No comments:

Post a Comment